One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” –Henry Miller

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Start of the Goodbye Song

Korea has come alive with the warm weather (and so have I).  I’ll admit that the desolate winter-scape, dirty and gray, threatened to give me the winter blues.  Then came spring, whispering at us.  If not for a quiet, “hello” from the azalea, Japanese cherry tree, and magnolia it might have been missed all together.   Now the yucca and rose are in bloom and the parks are speckled with couples.  The rice paddies, brimming with water and neon green, mirror images of hunched men in cone shaped hats.
  
The ever rising temperature is a reminder that my time here is coming to a quick end. 



**Note: I wrote this a few weeks ago.  It was a beautiful day. I was laying in the park with my computer. We also hadn't hit monsoon season yet. I can't eloquently describe this time of year.  Simply put: some days it rains ALL day and getting wet is unavoidable**

No comments:

Post a Comment